*What is UNIQUE CULTURE?
- Family Environment
- Feeling Like Home
- Be Able To Talk To Your Trainer w/ Ease
- Excitement When Entering Our Doors
- Feeling Safe
- Passionate Trainers & Knowledgable Staff
- Not Being Intimidating
*What is INDIVIDUALIZED PROGRAMMING?
- Screening Process To Figure Out Movement Deficiencies
- Customize The Training Session To Fit The Individualized Goals
- Monthly Program Design To Reduce Training Boredom & Touch All Fitness Needs
- Metabolic Resistance Training To Incinerate Fat As Well As Build Muscle
- Finishers To Create Energy Demand To Burn Calories When Not Training
*What is HABIT BASED NUTRITION?
- Process Of Building Habits To Create Lifelong Nutritional Success
- These Simple Two Week Habits Build On Each Other Create A Foundation For Your Daily Nutritional Decisions
1. Results Driven & Focused
- Every addition to our business/training will be focused on results for our clients and the business’s profitability
2. Strive for Improvement
- We will relentlessly pursue knowledge to help us grow and improve. Using this knowledge we will focus on implementation into training, business and our client’s success.
3. Incredible Client Experience
- Our service and dedication to our client’s goals and needs are focused, genuine and passionate which in turn will leave our clients with a WOW feeling from their experience. We will ensure all clients feel like they are family.
4. Community Focused, Faith Guided
- We will give back to our community as much as possible by dedicating time, resources, and leadership. Our faith will guide our decisions and will keep us humble.
5. Unwavering Passion & Integrity
- No matter the situation we will continue to passionately pursue our client’s goals, reinforce the culture we have built and continue to grow our business. We want to lead our adult clients, be role models to our young athletes, and be loyal to all that have believed in us.
During your Success Session Consultation we will learn about your training history, health history, any past injuries, along with your specific goals. We will also take you through a range of motion and flexibility evaluation called the Functional Movement Screen (FMS). During The FMS we will have you perform basic movements, this will allow us to find out exactly how to individualize the workouts for you.
Exercises, which can cause more harm than good, will be removed from your program. In the place of these exercises, we will give you corrective exercises to help improve with your movement patterns.
Smart Group Training
Athletic Revolution Mundelein is first and foremost about helping you succeed. To do that, our programs must be individually designed to get you to your personal goals while beginning at your current level of fitness.
Small group training focuses on creating a high energy, fun and results driven environment. Small group training implements the use of stations with each exercise regressed or progressed appropriately to each client. Much like we all require a specific shoe size, we all require a specific program. Everyone has specific goals and a specific body. Each month our program is varied so that you can face new challenges, learn them, improve on them, and conquer them before moving to next month’s new and challenging workouts.
Foam Rolling/Self-myofascial release/Corrective Exercise
Pre-workout Foam Rolling/Self-Myofascial Release are techniques on a simple piece of foam, which allow our clients improve their flexibility, function, performance, and reduce injuries. In a nutshell, our clients use their own body weight to roll on the round foam roller, massaging away restrictions to their soft-tissue. Our clients can perform this program at home, maximizing their recovery time.
Some of the basic, most obvious benefits will be increased blood flow throughout the body, better movement and increased range of motion. These benefits can decrease the chance of injury while decreasing recovery time after a workout. A decreased recovery time translates to the ability for more training sessions per week/month, which means results can come quicker. Increased circulation is a key component for recovery and greater range of motion means you get to work muscles more thoroughly on lifting days. Corrective exercises are designed to assist you to recover from injuries while preventing new ones.
A proper warm up can increase the blood flow to the working muscle group which results in decreased muscle stiffness, less risk of injury and improved performance. Additional benefits of warming up include increased range of motion and mental preparation.
Your body needs muscle to burn fat. Resistance training will help you increase and maintain your muscle mass. Our training program is proven and structured to each person’s ability, with the overall focus dedicated to gaining muscle. A highly certified fitness coach will guide you throughout the workout to help maximize your results. Physical and mental health benefits that can be achieved through resistance training include:
- Improved muscle strength and tone – to protect your joints from injury
- Maintain flexibility and balance, which helps you remain independent as you age
- Weight management and increased muscle-to-fat ratio
- Greater stamina as you grow stronger, you won’t get tired as easily
- Prevention or control of chronic conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, arthritis, back pain, depression and obesity
- Pain management
- Improved mobility and balance
- Improved posture
- Decreased risk of injury
- Increased bone density and strength and reduced risk of osteoporosis
- Improved sense of wellbeing
- A better night’s sleep and avoidance of insomnia
- Increased self-esteem
- Enhanced performance of everyday tasks
For customized results you need a customized program. Everyone moves differently, therefore every exercise should be tailored to your ability. One size does not fit all.
Why we incorporate HIIT Training
High intensity interval training sessions are commonly called HIIT workouts. This type of training involves repeated bouts of high intensity effort followed by varied recovery times.
Your body’s metabolism will continue to burn more calories after exercise due to the physiological effect of Excess Post-exercise oxygen consumption (EPOC). This is the amount of oxygen required to restore your body to normal.
Cool Down/Diaphragmatic Breathing:
Utilizing the diaphragm to create strong breaths that aim to activate the parasympathetic nervous system (AKA the relaxation system of the body) is very important. Doing this relieves physical muscle tension, allows the mental function to slow and relax, and releases natural wastes such as carbon dioxide. Diaphragmatic breathing also increases the oxygen to all cells, helps in slowing your heart rate, lowers your blood pressure, and increasing blood flow to muscles.
Welcome to Athletic Revolution University, where we take pride in unleashing youth athlete potential.
The Interview Process
When we first sit down with an athlete and their parents we like to learn all we can about them. We will go over the the athlete’s history of sports, why they want training, goals for the program, goals for the upcoming season, and questions to make sure coach, athlete and parents are on the same page.
AR University Combine
Testing is very important to what we do. We want to have measurables so the athletes and the parents can see how they are progressing through the program as well as where they need to improve.
Each athlete will receive a scouting report explaining strengths and weaknesses as well as injury patterns needing corrected. This allows the parent and athlete direct feedback on what they can expect out of the program.
Long Term Athlete Development Model
We develop the overall athlete through a progressive system over the time an athlete is with us. After testing the athletes, we lay out a program to help the athlete succeed to towards their goals and improve their skill/strength
- In our programs we cover many aspects of athleticism. The athletes will work on:
- Power Development
- Medicine Ball wall work
- Olympic lifts: Cleans, Snatches
- Strength Development
- Big 3- Deadlift, Front Squat, Pulling Movement
- Single Leg, Pushing/Pulling
- Technique focus
- Core Stability/Core Strength/Balance
- Technique/Wall Work
- Sled Pulling and Pushing
- Mobility/Corrective work/Flexibility
- Injury pattern corrections based on testing
- Energy System Development
- High Interval Intensity Training (HIIT)
- Strongman Circuits (Farmers Walks, ropes, sleds, tires)
- MetCon (Metabolic Conditioning Circuits)
- Power Development
Athlete Nutrition Meeting
Each athlete gets an initial nutrition consultation with our certified nutritionist. The goal here is to get feedback on what the athlete is currently doing for nutrition and to give information on how we do nutrition in our program. The athlete will be set-up with initial guidelines and habits to work on which will be progressed during their program. It is encouraged that parents join this meeting to help the athlete improve their nutrition and so both parties are on the same page.
- Appointment will be set-up with after initial interview process
~Desmond Clark- Former Chicago Bear sings our praises
“I am extremely impressed with Athletic Revolution and how they’ve worked with my daughter. She has built up endurance, strength, explosiveness, and confidence; all of which are reflective within her athletic performance. The coaches have helped to correct her movement patterns, build on her agility, and after she sustained injuries during competition, they continued to work with her to bring back full mobility in a safe and efficient manner. The atmosphere is one of motivation, encouragement, and a sense of teamwork that brings out the best in my daughter.”
~Debbie DiCristofano Testimonial about AR University
Interested in taking your athlete to the next level?
Fill out this information to get two free classes for your athlete!
Meet the Team
Brian’s continued passion for sports, politics, history, music and the outdoors has driven his journey thus far in life.
He earned a Master of Science Degree in Sport Management from Northern Illinois University in Dekalb, Illinois. Brian has been employed in the industry of sport in various leadership roles including working for a professional hockey team, managing a soccer complex and directing a youth summer work program. Brian carries certification in movement screening though Functional Movement Screen (FMS) & CPR/First Aid
Trevor received his Bachelors of Arts in Exercise Science through Central College in Pella, Iowa. He is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) and Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) through the National Strength and Conditioning Association. (NSCA) Trevor carries certification in movement screening though Functional Movement Screen (FMS) and is nutrition certified through Precision Nutrition as a Lean Eating coach. His main focus is on youth athlete performance and is certified through the International Youth Conditioning Association (IYCA) as a Youth Fitness Specialist (YFS) and Youth Nutrition Specialist (YNS).
Nathan has had experience training in Chicago, New Zealand, and Australia. During his time in Chicago he specialized in fat burning by helping his clients reach their weight loss goals. In New Zealand, he organized and executed boot camps as well as corrective exercise training which helped clients regain their range of motion and strength. In Australia, he focused primarily on functional and performance-based training, making sure his clients improved their ability to perform Active Daily Life Activities (ADL).
Nathan graduated from Central College in Pella, Iowa with a Bachelors Degree in Exercise Science. He is a Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) through the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA). He also holds a Youth Fitness Specialist Certification (YFS) through the International Youth Conditioning Association (IYCA).